ABOUT THE COURSE
Health and Social Care
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN THE PRINCIPLES OF THE PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF INFECTION IN HEALTH CARE SETTINGS
About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is a really important part of providing high-quality care, especially as some life-threatening infections can spread easily within care environments. In this course, you will gain the skills you need to tackle the risk of infection in your workplace. The course covers procedures and regulations surrounding infection control, as well as the importance of maintaining a clean environment.
Available fully funded
Online / Paper-based
- Understand the purpose and principles of infection control and the procedures
- Understand how regulations inform policy and practice
- Understand roles, responsibilities, principles and processes in relation to cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand the role of risk assessments
- Learn the importance of maintaining a clean environment
- Learn the sterilisation process
- Learn how to safely handle laundry
- Learn how to safely handle sharps
- England (Distance Learning).
- The learner must live in England and be over 19 years old
HOW TO SIGN UP
Learners may be eligible for funding which means the course won’t cost a thing to complete (subject to eligibility). There is a £125 cancellation fee if a learner enrols and fails to complete or withdraws early from the course. This is to cover administration costs. We may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet the set submission deadline. Please read the declaration on the enrolment form carefully before signing up.